Hoppekids Sustainable entrepreneurship Award – it’s all about the environment
We from Hoppekids care for the children of this world. We do so in producing the best possible children’s furniture. Therefore, we got awarded the Nordic Swan Ecolabel and we are very proud of this. We are the first and only manufacturer of children’s furniture that has been granted this honor.
The thing is: With the Nordic Swan Ecolabel, we are committed to producing long-lasting products AND to save the environment by doing so. And we are sure nobody would object: Protecting the environment is caring for our children and our children’s future.
Protecting the Environment is protecting the Children and their Future
So, Hoppekids cares for the environment. To bring our production cycles in line was only the first step.
Now, Hoppekids founder René Stenvang donated the Hoppekids Sustainable Entrepreneurship Award. It was founded for the celebration of Latvia’s 100 years anniversary in 2018 in connection with the visit of the HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark.
The purpose of the award is:
- to promote sustainable development among entrepreneurs
- to support a specific sustainable business or product development that will lead to improved sustainable development.
5.000 Euro for sustainable Entrepreneurship
The Award is 5.000 Euro and will be donated to an entrepreneur or business who is considered to be the best representative for either having:
- Designed/created a product or service that is developed to reduce the number of products in our households OR
- a feature designed to prolong the lifetime usage of other already existing products OR
- a thoughtful packing that has a purpose/function after unwrapping
- features to stimulate kids’ senses and thus increase their ability to learn
- Wishes to be environmentally certified but need economic help
Sustainability is not just a word – it is action
Every year in December a winner will be chosen.
“With heart and soul” is the Hoppekids slogan.
“And now, we are able to award companies and daring entrepreneurs that have the same mindset. We love what we do, and how we do it. If someone else feels the same, and by this supports the most important task of protecting the environment and helping create sustainable solutions we are glad to help with this Award”René Stenvang, owner of Hoppekids
Babbit – The winner of Hoppekids Sustainable Entrepreneurship Award 2019
On December 12th 2019 this prize was given to Liene and Aleksandrs Roga from Babbit. Their product and business idea is a perfect match of the criteria as it:
- is designed to reduce the number of products in our households
- has features designed to prolong the lifetime of toys already existing in the household
- has a thoughtful packing which has a play function after unwrapping
- has features to stimulate kids’ senses and thus increase their ability to learn
Their Sound-System for Kids are also of high-quality exterior and a design of timeless beauty.