On this page, you will find the most frequently asked questions about Hoppekids and our products.
What is the difference between ECO Comfort, ECO Dream, and Eco Luxury?
ECO Comfort is the "small" Swan-labeled series from Hoppekids. The beds in the series only come in one size - 70x160cm. The ECO Comfort series is not modular and therefore cannot be converted into another bed.
- The bed posts on ECO Comfort beds measure 4x4cm
- The bed sides on ECO Comfort beds measure 8.7x2cm
- The bed rail for ECO Comfort beds measures 10x1.6cm
- Max mattress height on ECO Comfort beds according to safety standards: 9cm
- ECO Comfort beds are available in the sizes 70x160 cm and 90x200 cm
- Available in white, natural, and 6 other colors
- See and read more about ECO Comfort here
ECO Dream is a Swan-labeled, simple and popular bed models and accessories collected in a price-conscious series with a selection of conversion options. The majority of the beds in the ECO Dream series are modular, but you can also find a handful of non-modular beds.
- The bed posts on ECO Dream beds measure 5.2x5.2cm
- The bed sides on ECO Dream beds measure 8.7x2.5cm
- The bed rail for ECO Dream beds measures 6.5x5.2cm
- Max mattress height on ECO Dream beds according to safety standards: 9cm
- ECO Dream beds are available in the sizes 70x160cm, 70x190cm, 90x200cm
- Some models are available in 4 colors
- See and read more about ECO Dream here
ECO Luxury is a Swan-labeled bed series with higher quality, even better safety, longer durability, and an almost infinite range of models and accessories. All beds in the ECO Luxury series are modular.
- The bed posts on ECO Luxury beds measure 6.5x6.5cm
- The bed sides on ECO Luxury beds measure: 9x2.5cm
- The bed rail for ECO Luxury beds measures: 9x2.5cm
- Max mattress height on ECO Luxury beds according to safety standards: 12cm
- ECO Luxury beds are available in the sizes 70x160cm, 90x200cm, 120x200cm
- You can choose between straight & slanted ladder for your ECO Luxury bed
- Ladders for ECO Luxury beds have grooves that provide better foothold
- For ECO Luxury beds, you can choose a version with a flexible slatted base for increased sleeping comfort
- There is a lifetime warranty on warranty defects on all ECO Luxury products
- See and read more about ECO Luxury here
What does it mean for a bed to be modular?
A modular - or divisible - bed is a bed that is built in modules. All modular beds are based on a junior bed. From here, you can add a module either under the junior bed or over the junior bed, which transforms it into a different bed model. For example, if you want a mid sleeper bed, a mid sleeper module is placed under the junior bed, and if you want a house bed, a house bed module is placed on top of the junior bed. If you later want to go back to the junior bed, the module is simply removed.
What is a lifetime warranty?
The lifetime guarantee is an additional warranty on all products in the ECO Luxury bed series and the STOREY shelf series. It is a guarantee that covers beyond the regular two-year warranty. The lifetime guarantee covers manufacturing defects. The guarantee requires that the product has been assembled correctly according to the assembly instructions and that screws and similar items have been regularly tightened. The lifetime guarantee does not cover: faults and defects that have arisen due to incorrect use or normal wear and tear on the product, or changes in wood structure and surfaces, including knot extraction.
How do I register my lifetime warranty?
You register your lifetime warranty on this page. It must be done no later than 3 months after your purchase, and a valid proof of purchase must be attached in electronic form (.pdf or .jpg).
Why can't I find the bed sets: IDA MARIE, BASIC, and PREMIUM?
Can the ladder/slide/bed rail be placed on the right or left?
Yes - you can choose which side you want to place your ladder/slide/bed rail on.
What is the maximum weight of my bed?
The maximum load on your bed depends on the bed series it belongs to.
- If your bed is from the ECO Comfort series, the maximum load is 60kg
- If your bed is from the ECO Dream series, the maximum load is 100kg
- If your bed is from the ECO Luxury series, the maximum load is 100kg
Which bed rail fits the ECO Comfort bed?
You can find the bedrail that fits the ECO Comfort junior or house bed here. Only this bedrail fits the ECO Comfort beds. Bedrails are adjusted to the thickness of the bed side in the corresponding bed series, which is why bedrails from other series do not fit the ECO Comfort beds.
What bed rail fits the ECO Dream bed?
For your ECO Dream bed, you can get a 3/4 bed rail, which is screwed onto the bed, and a removable bed rail. You can use these two bed rails on junior beds, canopy beds, house beds, and the bottom bunk bed.
However, if you have a high sleeper bed and want to add a slide, you will need this bed rail, which fits between the ladder and the slide.
Which bed rail fits the ECO Luxury bed?
For your ECO Luxury bed, a 3/4 bed rail is available, which is screwed onto the bed. It can be used for junior beds, high sleeper beds, loft beds, and bunk beds.
You can also get a 1/2 bed rail, which can be screwed onto the side of the bed or placed in the middle of the bed. It can be used for junior beds, high sleeper beds with a slide, and the bottom bunk bed.
There is also a detachable bed rail that fits ECO Luxury beds. It can be used for junior beds and the bottom bunk bed of bunk beds.
Finally, there is a continuous bed rail that is used to close off an entire side of the bed. If you divide an ECO Luxury bunk bed into 2 separate junior beds, you can use this bed rail to "close" the back of the bottom bunk bed, giving it a backrest.
Can you get a wide junior bed at 120cm?
Hoppekids offers extra wide junior beds in the size 120x200cm in our ECO Luxury series. In the size 120x200cm, you will find both junior beds, loft beds, and bunk beds. Find the wide junior beds under ECO Luxury.
What does it mean that a bed is not divisible?
If it says that a bed is not divisible, it means that the bed cannot be converted into another type of bed.
A divisible bed is built up of modules. Divisible beds can therefore (using modules) be converted into other types of beds - for example, from a junior bed to a mid sleeper bed.
What sizes are Hoppekids beds available in?
At Hoppekids, you can get children's beds in sizes 70x160cm, 70x190cm, 90x200cm & 120x200cm. The available size depends on the bed series or bed type.
Available sizes distributed by bed series:
ECO Comfort: 70x160cm, (some models in 90x200cm)
ECO Dream: 70x160cm, 70x190cm, 90x200cm
ECO Luxury: 70x160cm, 90x200cm, 120x200cm
Available sizes distributed by bed type:
Juniorsenge: 70x160cm, 70x190cm, 90x200cm, 120x200cm
Halvhøje senge: 70x160cm, 70x190cm, 90x200cm, 120x200cm
Halvhøje senge med rutsjebane: 70x160cm, 70x190cm, 90x200cm, 120x200cm
Mellemhøje senge: 70x160cm, 90x200cm, 120x200cm
Køjesenge: 70x160cm, 70x190cm, 90x200cm, 120x200cm
Hussenge: 70x160cm, 90x200cm
Himmelsenge: 70x160cm, 90x200cm
Can you get a slide for a high sleeper bed?
No - it is not possible to get a slide for the high sleeper bed. Due to the height and safety requirements that come with it, it is only possible to get a slide for our semi-loft beds.
What can I do if my child's bed creaks?
What can I do about a creaking bed?
A creaking bed can be disturbing for both your and your child's sleep if the bed creaks when the child turns or when you sneak out of bed after putting them to sleep. As a parent, you are probably familiar with periods of sleep deprivation and all the discomfort that comes with it.
A good night's sleep is important for both you and your child, and there are different actions you can take to reduce or eliminate the sound of a creaking bed. On this page, we have gathered information and helpful advice on what you can do about a creaking bed.
Why is my bed creaking?
Hoppekids' Swan-labeled beds are made of solid wood. This allows us to produce natural and healthy furniture that is good for the environment and indoor climate. The wood we use comes from FSC-certified forestry, which ensures that no more trees are cut down than are replanted.
Wood is a living material that is affected by changes in temperature and humidity. Depending on the temperature and humidity in the room where the bed is placed, the bed may expand slightly. This movement can cause the bed to start creaking.
Concrete tips for alleviating a creaking bed
- Check and tighten all screws. Go over all screws and make sure they are used as described in the assembly instructions. As mentioned, wood can expand slightly due to changes in humidity, so it may be necessary to tighten the screws after some time.
- Check the bed slats. The slats should be screwed to the bed without touching the bed frame. This applies to both the sides and the ends of the bed. Therefore, check that there is space between each slat end and the bed frame.
- Place felt pads under the slats. By placing felt pads where the wood meets, the friction between the wood - and thus the creaking sound - can be reduced or eliminated. They can, for example, be placed under the slats to keep them in tension.
It is important for the stability of the bed that the slats are securely attached - and tightly screwed. Therefore, always make sure there is a little space between the slats and the bed frame. It makes a big difference if all screws are properly tightened, so the bed is secure and stable.
What beds can you get under 2 meters?
The available size depends on the bed series or bed type.
Available sizes under 2 meters distributed by bed series:
ECO Comfort: 70x160cm
ECO Dream: 70x160cm, 70x190cm
ECO Luxury: 70x160cm
Available sizes under 2 meters distributed by bed type:
Juniorsenge: 70x160cm, 70x190cm
Halvhøje senge: 70x160cm, 70x190cm
Halvhøje senge med rutsjebane: 70x160cm, 70x190cm
Mellemhøje senge: 70x160cm
Køjesenge: 70x160cm, 70x190cm
When should one switch to a toddler bed?
It is individual when a child is ready to switch to a toddler bed. If the child starts crawling out of the crib or can no longer fit in it, one should consider switching to a toddler bed. Many children will be ready for a toddler bed when they are around 2.5-3 years old.
Which modules are suitable for an ECO Dream junior bed?
If you want to build on your ECO Dream junior bed, you can add modules. Which modules are suitable for your ECO Dream junior bed depends on the size of the bed. You can see the following modules for the individual bed sizes here:
If you have an ECO Dream junior bed in 70x160:
If you have an ECO Dream junior bed in 70x190:
If you have an ECO Dream junior bed in 90x200:
What mattress should I choose for my child?
Children release a lot of moisture through breathing and skin when they sleep. Therefore, opt for a mattress made of breathable and sweat-wicking material and avoid mattresses with plastic covers.
If your child suffers from dust mite allergy or if you simply want an allergy-friendly and sustainable mattress for your child, choose a health mattress that is produced with the aim of minimizing environmental impact throughout the product's lifespan.
For our ECO Dream and ECO Comfort bed series, we recommend mattresses that are 9 cm high.
For our ECO Luxury and DELUXE bed series, we recommend mattresses that are 12 cm high.
What are mattresses made of?
At Hoppekids, you can get mattresses in different materials and find the mattress that fits your bed.
- Our linen mattress for baby beds and playpens has a foam core and a top layer of linen felt. Linen is 100% natural material, which insulates well against cold and prevents depressions in the mattress. Linen is extremely breathable and helps maintain a good and comfortable temperature throughout the night.
- The foam mattress in conventional foam from Hoppekids is a fine mattress that provides good support and a comfortable night's sleep.
Cold foam mattress
- The cold foam mattresses from Hoppekids are modern comfort mattresses. Cold foam is characterized by having a long lifespan, better load-bearing capacity, and optimal lying comfort through individual comfort zones in the mattress. The mattress has good breathability and helps maintain a comfortable temperature throughout the night.
Cold foam is naturally fire-retardant and has a long lifespan.
Svanemærket Waterlily® mattress
- Our Swan-labeled and allergy-friendly ECO Dream and ECO Luxury mattresses are made of Waterlily® foam, which provides a soft surface and a shape-retaining interior. This ensures maximum lying comfort and a good night's sleep for your child.
- Waterlily® foam is a high-quality product that provides resilient, soft, and comfortable comfort, which is even better than cold foam. The structure allows air to easily move through the material and ensures that heat and moisture do not accumulate on the surface.
- Waterlily is a more environmentally friendly and durable material that takes into account safety, health, and environmental aspects throughout the product's lifespan. Waterlily retains its shape and thus provides lasting comfort properties. The mattress core is flame-retardant without the use of additives.
What mattress sizes are available?
At Hoppekids, we have a wide range of mattress sizes that fit each individual bed - whether you are looking for a mattress for a baby or a mattress for a junior bed.
Mattress for cradle:
- Flax mattress for cradle size 80x7x40 cm
- Foam mattress for cradle size 80x7x40 cm
- Swan-labeled and allergy-friendly mattress for cradle size 80x7x40 cm
Mattress for playpen:
Mattress for crib:
- Flax mattress for crib size 120x7x60 cm
- Swan-labeled and allergy-friendly mattress for crib size 120x9x60 cm
Mattress for junior bed:
Foam mattress for junior bed sizes:
- 160x9x70 cm
- 160x12x70 cm
- 190x9x70 cm
- 190x9x90 cm
- 200x9x90 cm
- 200x12x90 cm
- 160x9x70 cm
- 160x12x70 cm
- 190x9x70 cm
- 190x9x90 cm
- 200x9x90 cm
- 200x12x90 cm
- 160x9x70 cm
- 200x9x90 cm
- 160x12x70 cm
- 200x12x90 cm
- 200x12x120 cm
How to best maintain your mattress
- A good sleeping climate involves good ventilation - this also applies to your mattress. Bedspreads and duvets prevent moisture from evaporating from the mattress. Therefore, wait to put bedspreads and duvets over the mattress. Allow the mattress to breathe so that sweat can evaporate.
- Rotate the mattress regularly to prevent it from being compressed where it is most often loaded. Rotate it once a quarter - for example, head/foot end.
- Air under the mattress ensures that the mattress is ventilated. A bed base with slats allows air to pass through, unlike solid surfaces made of wood or Masonite boards, which can eventually cause moisture damage.
- If your new mattress is rolled up, it is recommended to let the mattress rest for 48 hours before using it.
How to clean your mattress
We recommend washing cotton covers for our foam, cold foam, and hemp mattresses at 30 degrees. Do not iron or tumble dry.
The cover for our ECO Dream and ECO Luxury mattresses can be washed at 60 degrees. After washing, the cover should be stretched while wet. Do not iron or tumble dry the cover.
Is there a cover included with a foam mattress?
Can a Hoppekids bed be used together with slats from another manufacturer?
Each individual manufacturer and bed has its own specifications, so slats from another manufacturer cannot be used immediately.
Hoppekids beds are approved according to the applicable EN standards, and the slatted base is a crucial factor in this approval. Therefore, the bed will no longer meet the safety standards if a different slatted base is used.
How do I find the assembly instructions?
You can find the assembly instructions under each individual product. You can find it on the product page under the product specifications.
What is the warranty on my bed?
As always, you have a 2-year warranty on the products from the retailer you purchased the product from.
In addition, Hoppekids offers a supplementary guarantee and a lifetime guarantee on everything in the ECO Luxury series.
The supplementary guarantee ensures that you have the opportunity to purchase additional modules for 5 years after your purchase of an ECO Luxury bed.
The lifetime guarantee is a lifelong guarantee that covers manufacturing defects.